Ultrasound Scrapbook Ideas
An ultrasound picture is the first glimpse of your baby. You definitely want to create an ultrasound scrapbook page to capture those memories.
The great thing about creating this page is the photos are black and white. So, you can use just about any color you like to enhance your layout.
Neutral colors like greens and yellows will work well if you decided to be surprised and wait until baby was born to find out what you were having.
You may want to use pink or blue if you found out the sex of your baby during your ultrasound. Also, you can combine your ultrasound scrapbook layout with "It's A Boy/Girl" scrapbook page.
The ultrasound scrapbook page is not only about the pictures, but the emotions behind them.
You want to remember the feelings you had that first time you saw your baby. Express those emotions through your scrapbook page.
This is one of those scrapbook pages that will really come to life with your journaling. So, take some time and express yourself. You could even write a love letter to your baby.
Some Journaling Ideas for an Ultrasound Scrapbook Page
- Talk about your thoughts when you first saw baby in the womb.
- What was baby doing? Was he moving around, asleep, sucking his finger?
- How big was baby?
- How many ultrasounds did you have?
- Who was at the ultrasound with you and what were there thoughts?
If you can't seem to turn your feelings into words, then find a poem that will. Here are a list of ultrasound poems.
Would you like to share your ultrasound layout?
Tips on Preserving Your Ultrasound Pictures
Before you add all of those ultrasound photos to your baby book, make sure they are in a form that is archival quality.
Some ultrasound pictures are printed on very flimsy paper that fades over time. You should transfer them to a different type of paper before you create an ultrasound scrapbook page.
You don't want to waste your time creating a page only to have your images unrecognizable ten years down the road.
I didn't know to do this when my daughter was born. Now, her ultrasound pictures are useless. You can't see a thing on them.
The best way is to preserve them is to transfer them to photo paper. This is easily accomplished by scanning them and printing them on archival quality photo paper. If you do not have a scanner, take them to a copy center and have them make a copy for you.
Another option is it to laminate them. Make sure you use laminating paper that does not require heat.
Sample Titles for an Ultrasound Scrapbook
- Baby on Board
- It's a Boy/Girl!
- Welcome to the Womb
- Love at First Sight
- Our First Glimpse
- Sneak Preview
- Coming Soon to a Hospital Near You
- Under Construction
- Little Boy Under Construction
- Little Girl Under Construction
- It's What's Inside That Counts
- Life on the Inside
- An Inside View
- A Womb with a View
- The LORD called me from the womb,from the body of my mother he named my name. ~ Isaiah 49:1
- You have Formed My Inward Parts, You have Covered Me in My Mother's Womb. ~ Psalm 139:13
- I Will Praise Thee; for I am Fearfully and Wonderfully Made. ~ Psalm 139:14
- The Fruit of the Womb... ~ Psalm 127:3
Sample Ultrasound Scrapbook Layouts
1. Flip pockets are a great way to add lots of ultrasound pictures to your page. First, cut out a pregnant woman's silhouette on black paper. Then, make the flip pockets using photo sleeves or buy already made flip pockets online. Next, add a title, journaling box and some stickers and your done.
Click on the photo to learn how to make your own flip pockets.
This Layout was submitted by Tess Redel
2. This is a digital version of the previous layout example with less ultrasound pictures included on the page. First, create a silhouette of a pregnant woman. Then choose a few ultrasound pictures to add to the belly portion. You may want to include a newborn picture of baby in the upper right hand corner. Click on the picture for a detailed description of how to make this layout using PhotoShop Elements.
3. Life on the Inside layout. First, create a jail cell by cutting strips of black card stock and placing them on a white background. Place ultrasound pictures on top of the jail bars. Add the title Life on the Inside on a black or white mat. For the jail number, use baby's birth date (for example - 11032004). Write the jail number on a mat or make a shirt mat to write it on.
Add this caption to the bottom of the page..
Prisoner of Love: Baby's name
Date of Incident: put date of conception
Sentence: 40 weeks of incarceration (or solitary confinement);
Release Date: put baby's due date.
Due to good behavior and over-crowded conditions, baby was given early release by Warden Dr. Smith on (baby's birth date).
Would you like to share your ultrasound scrapbook layouts and tips?
Every scrapbooker benefits from seeing layouts others have created. They are inspiring and motivate us to create more pages.
Do you have an ultrasound scrapbook page you would like to share?
Or maybe you have a poem or title that would work great for an ultrasound layout. We would love to hear your ideas.
We all need inspiration and encouragement to help us capture the first years of our baby's life so we can remember those Tiny Toes Forever.
Thanks for sharing! You never know, you just might inspire someone to create a scrapbook page.
What Other Visitors Have Said
Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page...
Faded Ultrasound Pictures?
If you're like me, and you still have your child's ultrasound pictures floating around (not in a scrapbook yet)and they are fading, here's a tip to try. …...
I used this ultrasound poem on my scrapbook page. I thought others might enjoy it.
I love your website. Thanks for creating such a great resource. …...
"My Little Dot"
My DH and I have been trying for a long time and after a trying, emotional process have finally successfully got pregnant and got our first sonogram. …...
It's A Girl Not rated yet
I love you Yilanda.
Love Mommy and Daddy!!
Love at first sight Not rated yet
MI PEQUEÑA PRINCESA Not rated yet
MI PEQUEÑA PRINCESA DE 5 MESES...
Baby at 19 weeks and 3 days. Not rated yet
I don't know whether its a baby girl or boy from the ultrasound images. Because here in India they do not predict the sex of the baby as many of them abort …...
Bun in the Oven ~ My little pinecone Not rated yet
I titled my page Bun in the Oven and in between 2 of the ultrasound photos wrote; My little pinecone. Why? Because in the first ultrasound photo, my baby …...
Life on the Inside - SJM4 Not rated yet
I made this page inspired by the page "life on the inside" from this website. Thank you for having such a wonderful site!
I will be making more pages …...
lagina ultra sound Not rated yet
that i wanted to upload my ultra sound. cause i think its nice...
Ultrasound Photo Not rated yet
Thank you for submitting this adorable ultrasound photo. Congratulations on your beautiful baby. ...
Title for an Ultrasound Page Not rated yet
Hello! Here I sit in my scrapbook nook in the basement of our home ... in the wee hours of the night of course:) I am so blessed to find your site, I …...
Click here to write your own.
Return from ultrasound scrapbook to home page