There are many digital
scrapbook software programs.
Figuring out what scrapbook software to buy can seem a little overwhelming. There are a ton of choices to choose from. Frankly, most of them are just a big waste of money.
So, take some time and decide which scrapbook software is right for you. You will not only be investing your money to purchase it, but also your precious time to learn how to use it.
Software for creating scrapbooks can be divided into two categories: Scrapbooking Software and Photo Editing Software.
Scrapbooking Software is usually easier to learn how to use, but it has more limitations. The software should come with many template pages or plopper pages. These are pages already created for you. You just plop the picture on the page and add some text to personalize it.
Photo editing software (such as PhotoShop Elements and Paint Shop Pro) will take more time to learn, but it gives you much more flexibility in creating your pages. This software is much more versatile and usually more expensive.
To figure out which type of software is right for you...
You need to decide how much freedom you want in creating your pages and how much time you are willing to spend to learn the software.
Here are a few suggestions to help you make the right choice.
Photo editing software programs might be right for you if:
Scrapbook software programs might be right for you if:
- You want the maximum flexibility in designing your pages.
- You are willing to learn a more complicated software program.
- You love digital scrapbooking.
- You want software that you will not out grow.
- You want to create pages quickly. (This can also be done with photo editing software. There are thousands of free or very cheap plopper pages on the net for you to download.)
- You are not sure if you want to shell out the extra money for photo editing software.
- Creating layouts from scratch is not your cup of tea. (If you do not want to create your own layouts, just download some of the freebies you find on the net to use with photo editing software.)
I use PhotoShop Elements and LOVE IT! Read why
is my choice for scrapbooking software.
Below is a list of some popular software you can use for scrapbooking. Check them out. Read the reviews. Decide which one is right for you and start scrapping!
Return from Scrapbook Software to Homepage