Baby Month By Month
A baby month by month scrapbook page is a great way to record the precious details of your baby's first year. The purpose of this scrapbook page is to record the special memories that occurred during the month.
You want to create one page for each of the twelve months of your baby's first year. If that seems like too much, at least do a page dedicated to your baby's first, third, sixth, ninth and twelfth month.
The majority of the scrapbook page should be dedicated to journaling about the important events that occurred during the month and describing the changes that baby has made.
Also, you will want to include a photo of your baby that was taken during the month, but the emphasis of the page should be your journaling.
For some suggestions on how to keep track of the precious details, read the article about Your Baby Month by Month.
Titles for Baby Month by Month Scrapbook Page
- Here I Grow Again
- One Month at a Time
- I'm Two Months Old
- My Monthly Update
- (Baby's name) Monthly Update
- (Baby's name) at Three Months.
- What it's Like to be Five Months Old.
- My Life when I was Six Months Old.
- Time Flies when Your Seven Months Old.
Journaling Ideas for a Baby Month by Month Scrapbook Page
Journaling is the most important part of this scrapbook page. Here is a list of items for you to journal about.
- Baby's Weight
- Baby's Height
- What size of clothing does baby wear?
- Any milestones baby reached during the month.
- Special outings baby had during the month.
- What are your thoughts about the past month?
- What was baby's routine?
- Reflect about the highlights of the month.
- Did any big changes occur, such as baby started daycare, stopped nursing, slept through the night, etc...
- What are baby's favorites - toy, food, person, etc...
Layout Ideas for a Baby Month by Month Scrapbook Page
You can have the same layout for each month or create a unique layout for each page. One of the pluses to having the same layout is that you can create the pages ahead of time, even before baby is born. Then you just fill it out when the time comes.
- Template Layout - Create the same layout for each of your baby's 12 month updates. You can make all of the layouts at once and fill them in as time passes.
Type up the questions that you want to answer each month. Then, print it out on coordinating card stock. Use two different journaling boxes. One for the questions you are going to answer and another one where you freely write about the month.
Arrange your journaling boxes and embellishments on your page. Then, you just need to fill in the data when the time comes and include a baby photo that was taken during the month.
- Two Months on One Page - To save space in the scrapbook, combine two of the baby month by month scrapbook layouts on one page.
You can lay the two months out on top to bottom or left to right. Keep the page balanced by placing the photos on opposite sides of the page. So, if you have the journaling on the left side and the picture on the right, then switch the locations when you are creating the second month on the page.
- Showcase Your Favorite Photo - You know how sometimes you take a really great photo that is better than all the rest. The lighting, background and expression on your baby's face all came together almost magically.
You know you have to include it in your baby's scrapbook. Well, the baby month by month scrapbook page is the perfect layout to showcase that special photo you took during the month.
Choose use that one special photo. That will leave plenty of room for you to journal about the past month.
Return from Baby Month by Month Scrapbook to Home Page.